Wednesday, January 11, 2006

#10 Album of 2005

Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene
[Arts & Crafts; released 10/4/05]

I’m kind of late jumping on the Broken Social Scene bandwagon. This is the 3rd full-length release from the Canadian band made up of as many as 17 members from many different bands. Listening to a BSS record is truly an experience and not really the easiest to get into, but once you give it a try, you realize how fantastic it is. This is a masterful album, with some great, complex arrangements consisting of many different instruments and vocals. Broken Social Scene has certainly solidified themselves as one of the top indie bands around. I really wish I had gotten into this group sooner, because I can see this album continuing to grow on me, and potentially being higher than my #10 ranking.

#9 tomorrow…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home