Random thoughts
So we had our midterm presentation on Thursday and the presentation itself went well. Mr. Kevin Cordell was stylish in his suit and did a very nice job presenting. However, our design pretty much got shot down (which didn't surprise me) and we're now more or less back to the drawing board. The head of the MechE department gave us a suggestion on how he was picturing the design and it looks like we're going to run with that. Its a much more complicated design and will take a lot of work, but its also really cool design, so I'm pretty excited.
I'm really looking forward to being able to watch an Auburn game on TV this weekend. I'm sure there will be a big group of us RUFers that get together and watch it which should be loads of fun. I'm not predicting a win for Auburn, but with our defense we can win any game. I just think its gonna be super tough for Brandon Cox to stay calm playing down in Baton Rouge. If he is efficient, and doesn't make any stupid gamechanging mistakes, I think we could pull it out...but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I love the teams in the World Series this year. No one predicted the White Sox and the Astros to make it to the Series. The Sox haven't won a title since 1917 and the Astros have never even been in the World Series. I'd love to see the Astros win it, just to give Biggio and Bagwell a title, but on the other hand it'd be cool to see Frank Thomas win it with the Sox even though he is on the DL. Growing up in Birmingham, I went to a good bit of the Barons games, so I do feel a connection to the White Sox considering the Barons are the Sox AA minor league affiliate. My prediction...White Sox win it in 7 games.
I'm not even going to mention my continuing excitement about Leo Mazzone leaving the Braves to join the Orioles as the new pitching coach...oh crap, I just did! (sorry Jess, Burdeshaw, Zach, Hunt and all you other Braves fans who are probably getting sick of me mentioning it)
Next week is going to be another busy one. I've got HW due Tuesday, a test Tuesday, a quiz Wednesday and another test on Thursday, not to mention that we have to meet with the MechE department head on Friday to talk about our "new design." But right now its the weekend, and it starts with dinner at Laredos! So let it begin!
I'm really looking forward to being able to watch an Auburn game on TV this weekend. I'm sure there will be a big group of us RUFers that get together and watch it which should be loads of fun. I'm not predicting a win for Auburn, but with our defense we can win any game. I just think its gonna be super tough for Brandon Cox to stay calm playing down in Baton Rouge. If he is efficient, and doesn't make any stupid gamechanging mistakes, I think we could pull it out...but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I love the teams in the World Series this year. No one predicted the White Sox and the Astros to make it to the Series. The Sox haven't won a title since 1917 and the Astros have never even been in the World Series. I'd love to see the Astros win it, just to give Biggio and Bagwell a title, but on the other hand it'd be cool to see Frank Thomas win it with the Sox even though he is on the DL. Growing up in Birmingham, I went to a good bit of the Barons games, so I do feel a connection to the White Sox considering the Barons are the Sox AA minor league affiliate. My prediction...White Sox win it in 7 games.
I'm not even going to mention my continuing excitement about Leo Mazzone leaving the Braves to join the Orioles as the new pitching coach...oh crap, I just did! (sorry Jess, Burdeshaw, Zach, Hunt and all you other Braves fans who are probably getting sick of me mentioning it)
Next week is going to be another busy one. I've got HW due Tuesday, a test Tuesday, a quiz Wednesday and another test on Thursday, not to mention that we have to meet with the MechE department head on Friday to talk about our "new design." But right now its the weekend, and it starts with dinner at Laredos! So let it begin!


1 Comments:
Mazzone Thief!
Post a Comment
<< Home