Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Whats been going on

I have been told by someone, who will remain unnamed, that I need to update my blog, so here I go. Over the weekend I made the long trek up to Lexington, Kentucky for the Auburn game. The game was fun, but the main reason I went was for the people. We had a great time, and I know one Anne Kendrick was excited to have us all in her house for a couple of days. C-A-T-S Cats! Cats! Cats! Thats for you Anne.

I've also got to give a shout out to the Perry boys for throwing an amazing Halloween Party a couple of weeks ago. It was loads of fun. For anyone not there who didn't see my costume, I was an iPod commercial. I dressed in all black and used velcro to attach a neon green piece of foam board to my back. It turned out really well, I mean it could have been worse, I could have gone as a cereal killer or something. (ouch...did I just say that? I didn't mean it Jess)

Now for the usual school update. The only class I even care about now is senior design and thats just because it takes up so much time and we have a lot to do. Our original design got shot down, but our new design is pretty dang cool. But with a super cool design comes big complications. Basically, we have one part of our design that is key, but it is very tricky to figure out how we're going to do it, but I think we're on the right track and about to get it nailed down. Its hard to explain, so if your curious about it just ask me...I'm not even going to try to explain it here.

The only sports update that comes to mind is football and that fact that Redskins went 5-3 in the first half of the season, and the schedule gets easier in the second half. Its so nice to have one of my teams in the playoff hunt. It adds so much more excitement. Both my fantasy leagues are gong well. In one league I'm 3rd overall and the other I'm 5th and would make the playoffs in both leagues if they started today. I'm still a little bitter about my ESPN league because while I have a 5-4 record, I should be 7-2 with the best overall record, but we have this stupid "homefield advantage" thing that led directly to two of my losses...man that bugs me!

I've got to throw out a couple music recommendations, because I know people look to me for that! The 2 albums that I've been listening to non-stop lately are the new My Morning Jacket disc called "Z", and the other is the amazing debut from Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. CYHSY released their album back over the summer all on their own and sold around 25000 copies before it got re-released a few weeks back. It is a really neat album, althought the vocals will probably turn a lot of people off, but I can't get enough of it. If you're gonna check it out, please buy it and don't download it for free. These guys released this all on their own, so they need the support.

Thanksgiving is in just a week and a half and I can't wait to go home for a week and actually be bored! I'm looking forward to seeing my family and friends and my house considering I haven't seen it since 4th of July weekend.

From now on, I'm gonna try to update this dang thing more often so I don't have to do these freaking long posts. Right now though, its time to watch Simpsons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home