Preparing for the Big Game and the Big Week
In just a few days, I will attend what will most likely be my last Auburn home game as a student. (certainly as an Auburn undergrad) Having the Iron Bowl as your last game is pretty dang sweet and if I can go out with a win against Bama, that would be perfect. My freshman year we got stomped by Bama at home and that was quite depressing, now we've won 3 in a row and the win 2 years ago at home was easily the most fun I've ever had after a win. Having the entire Auburn student section stay in the stadium for 30 minutes after the game and cheer on our team while making fun of Bama cheers (which included wishing Bama to Hades) was absolutely magical. As much as I can't wait for Saturday, I also can't wait for Sunday because thats when I get to go home for the first time in 4 and a half months and enjoy a week off from school while catching up with friends and family. I'm getting so excited right now just writing about it. I know that just a few days into the break, I'll start to miss Auburn and all my friends here, but I can't remember being this excited to go home in my entire college life.
Still on my mind a lot is the fact that in just 6 months or so I will graduate and it will be time to move on. I'm still debating a return to Auburn for grad school and a talk with my parents over Thanksgiving will probably lead to my final decision. I love Auburn and the people, but I'm starting to get the feeling that by May, I'll be ready to move on and start a new chapter in my life.
Other Thoughts:
A group of us guys recently proved that men are clearly superior to women by a convicing victory in Trivial Pursuit. We will welcome a rematch anytime!
After years and years of not allowing anyone other than a barber or a hair stylist to cut my hair, tonight I'm caving in just to trim up the back of my shag because everyone is bugging me about it. So Elizabeth Caldwell should be very honored that I'm am allowing her to trim my locks...maybe she deserves a plaque or something.
As I type this, a song by Elliott started playing on my computer. I will always consider Elliott to be one of the most underrated and underappreciated bands ever. (thats right, I said it!) False Cathedrals is an amazing album and I'm sure most people have seen me wearing my Elliott "False Cathedrals" t-shirt and wondered what it was...well, there you go.
Still on my mind a lot is the fact that in just 6 months or so I will graduate and it will be time to move on. I'm still debating a return to Auburn for grad school and a talk with my parents over Thanksgiving will probably lead to my final decision. I love Auburn and the people, but I'm starting to get the feeling that by May, I'll be ready to move on and start a new chapter in my life.
Other Thoughts:
A group of us guys recently proved that men are clearly superior to women by a convicing victory in Trivial Pursuit. We will welcome a rematch anytime!
After years and years of not allowing anyone other than a barber or a hair stylist to cut my hair, tonight I'm caving in just to trim up the back of my shag because everyone is bugging me about it. So Elizabeth Caldwell should be very honored that I'm am allowing her to trim my locks...maybe she deserves a plaque or something.
As I type this, a song by Elliott started playing on my computer. I will always consider Elliott to be one of the most underrated and underappreciated bands ever. (thats right, I said it!) False Cathedrals is an amazing album and I'm sure most people have seen me wearing my Elliott "False Cathedrals" t-shirt and wondered what it was...well, there you go.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home