Christmas
So its Christmas break and I guess I'll give a little update. First off, the last couple weeks of school were pretty dang awful. I was quite busy with Senior Design mainly, but also with other classes and finals and whatnot. But, I guess the hard work all paid off because somehow I came out of the semester with As and Bs. I was especially excited to pull a B in Sensors and Senior Design. So now all I've got left is one more semester that shouldn't be nearly as rough as the Fall, and then I'm out and off into the real world. In the next few weeks I'm actually going to start the prelimary job search stuff, so it should be interesting. Staying at Auburn for grad school is still a possibility but with every day that passes I think those chances shrink a little more. With the way school was at the end of the fall, I really don't see me coming back for more after the Spring, but we'll see.
Anyway, on to Christmas break...I have actually kept pretty busy running around doing stuff, but I'm sure that'll slow down here next week. As far as actual Christmas goes, part of my family had Christmas on Christmas Eve night which was fun (especially my cousin's brand new Corvette!), so Christmas day wasn't the usual big family gathering that it usually is. We woke up Christmas and went to church with my mom, dad, brother and his wife, then came back and opened some presents followed by a walk over to my Grandmas for some very good food and more presents. Then Christmas night I went to see The Producers with some friends and hung out afterwards. So it was actually a busier Christmas day than I expected. We're having another big family gathering later in the week for the family members that couldn't come to our Christmas Eve get together. I'm hoping that I'll be able to give my cousin's new Corvette a test drive at that time...gonna be sweet!
Some other randomness from the break: My ibook is currently in the shop and is gonna need about a $400 repair. Luckily my mom is going to pay for it, so I'll just include that as a Christmas gift. Still though, I'm pretty upset at that whole situation, oh well. Something else I'll include as a Christmas gift is the suit my brother is going to give me to wear for interviews. It might be a little big on me, but I'm gonna give it a try. I am super excited about how the Redskins are playing right now. The 'Skins are in the driver seat for a playoff spot and can actually win the division with a win next week and a Giants loss. A division title would be huge because that would give the Redskins a 1st round home game where they are very hard to beat. Then with as weak as the NFC is, who knows...maybe NFC championship, Super Bowl? I'd like to say I'm not getting my hopes up, but too late...they are sky high right now. The other major thing from the break I have to mention is my much anticipated annual Best Albums of the Year List. I have completed my list and am very pleased with the results. I'm going to wait to release the list for when school starts back. So definitely check back here on Monday, January 9th to see the countdown get started. Thats all for now...
Anyway, on to Christmas break...I have actually kept pretty busy running around doing stuff, but I'm sure that'll slow down here next week. As far as actual Christmas goes, part of my family had Christmas on Christmas Eve night which was fun (especially my cousin's brand new Corvette!), so Christmas day wasn't the usual big family gathering that it usually is. We woke up Christmas and went to church with my mom, dad, brother and his wife, then came back and opened some presents followed by a walk over to my Grandmas for some very good food and more presents. Then Christmas night I went to see The Producers with some friends and hung out afterwards. So it was actually a busier Christmas day than I expected. We're having another big family gathering later in the week for the family members that couldn't come to our Christmas Eve get together. I'm hoping that I'll be able to give my cousin's new Corvette a test drive at that time...gonna be sweet!
Some other randomness from the break: My ibook is currently in the shop and is gonna need about a $400 repair. Luckily my mom is going to pay for it, so I'll just include that as a Christmas gift. Still though, I'm pretty upset at that whole situation, oh well. Something else I'll include as a Christmas gift is the suit my brother is going to give me to wear for interviews. It might be a little big on me, but I'm gonna give it a try. I am super excited about how the Redskins are playing right now. The 'Skins are in the driver seat for a playoff spot and can actually win the division with a win next week and a Giants loss. A division title would be huge because that would give the Redskins a 1st round home game where they are very hard to beat. Then with as weak as the NFC is, who knows...maybe NFC championship, Super Bowl? I'd like to say I'm not getting my hopes up, but too late...they are sky high right now. The other major thing from the break I have to mention is my much anticipated annual Best Albums of the Year List. I have completed my list and am very pleased with the results. I'm going to wait to release the list for when school starts back. So definitely check back here on Monday, January 9th to see the countdown get started. Thats all for now...


1 Comments:
I much anticipate annual Best Albums of the Year List.
Post a Comment
<< Home