Monday, January 08, 2007

#10 Album of 2006

Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
[Matador; released 2/7/06]

Here are some adjectives used to describe this album: toe-tapping, breezy, shiny, happy, bouncy, loose, and retro just to name a few. If I had to offer someone an example of what indie pop is, I could use those adjectives or just present The Life Pursuit, the sixth album from the Scottish band. Every time I listen to this album, I picture myself riding in a convertible in the summertime with the top down and me singing to myself bobbing my head side to side keeping up with the catchy melodic tunes. B&S unleash catchy guitar hooks, horns, organs, and keyboards all in the most confident manner the group has done up to this point in their career. From start to finish this is one of the easiest and most enjoyable listens of the year and ultimately it’s the carefree songwriting done so well that makes this album a great success.

#9 Tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home