DC Trip
On Sunday I flew up to Washington DC from B'Ham (had to connect in Atlanta) and got into DC Sunday night. The plane trips we're smooth with no problems, but when I got to the hotel in DC they didn't have my reservation so I had to call Lockheed's travel department and get them to straighten it out. Anyway I finally got into my hotel room about 7:30 Sunday night, which didn't give me any time to do anything fun around the city. I ordered some room service ($44.00 billed to Lockheed!) and did some school work and then had to iron my suit because it got ridiculously wrinkled on the trip up.
Monday, I had to be in the hotel lobby around 8:20 to catch the shuttle with the other applicants to Lockeed's regional recruiting center where the interviews took place. We got there and had an information session, followed by a little security briefing, followed by interviews. I had 2 interviews and they both went well. I usually don't get to nervous for interviews so for me it was really no big deal. Anyway, Lockheed Martin will let me know something in a few days and if I get a job offer I have a week to accept or decline. Right now, I'm thinking I will not accept any offer unless it blows me away. I love the DC Metro area but the jobs didn't really appeal to me and I think staying at Auburn for grad school will be the way to go.
The trip was a great experience and the interview day was actually a lot of fun. It was cool getting to meet applicants from schools around the country. There were a couple people from Ohio St, a couple from GA Tech, a guy from Purdue, and a guy from UCLA who got his masters at MIT, just to name a few. It was a really cool experience and I'm happy I took advantage of it.
Monday, I had to be in the hotel lobby around 8:20 to catch the shuttle with the other applicants to Lockeed's regional recruiting center where the interviews took place. We got there and had an information session, followed by a little security briefing, followed by interviews. I had 2 interviews and they both went well. I usually don't get to nervous for interviews so for me it was really no big deal. Anyway, Lockheed Martin will let me know something in a few days and if I get a job offer I have a week to accept or decline. Right now, I'm thinking I will not accept any offer unless it blows me away. I love the DC Metro area but the jobs didn't really appeal to me and I think staying at Auburn for grad school will be the way to go.
The trip was a great experience and the interview day was actually a lot of fun. It was cool getting to meet applicants from schools around the country. There were a couple people from Ohio St, a couple from GA Tech, a guy from Purdue, and a guy from UCLA who got his masters at MIT, just to name a few. It was a really cool experience and I'm happy I took advantage of it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home