Thursday, February 02, 2006

More Music Stuff

Below is the link to my Amazon.com list that I mentioned a while back. Unfortunately, you can only put 25 things on a list so, we'll just call it my expanded albums of the year list.

Top 25 albums of 2005


Now on to 2006. We are only a month in and I already have 5 albums that I have obtained. (gotta love emusic.com!) So that puts me on quite a pace for 2006 albums, although I don't expect it to keep up. So far this year I've aquired the following albums:

The Strokes - First Impression of Earth
The New Amsterdams - Killed or Cured (this entire album is available free on their website)
Cat Power - The Greatest
Rocky Votolato - Makers
Ester Drang - Rocinate

As of now the Cat Power album is my favorite...I can certainly see it remaining in my top 10 all year long but who knows. As for what the rest of '06 holds, there are some releases coming up that really excite me. The Flamings Lips, Secret Machines, Saves the Day and The New Amsterdams (yep, another '06 release) all have confirmed 2006 release dates. However, the album I have been anticipating for a couple years now is Built to Spill's new one You in Reverse. BTS is possibly my favorite band and they have not released an album since Ancient Melodies of the Future (my album of the year in 2001). If you go to their myspace page you can hear the first track off the new album, and it's oh so good! That album is set to come out April 11th and I can't wait! Along with those albums are rumored releases from Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Travis, and The Shins. So anyway, it looks like it could be a good year for music in 2006, and heck in just a few months I'll most likely have a full time job so I'll be raking in the dough which means even more albums I'll get to buy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home